- Financial support is offered to any interested student residing anywhere in the world. It is awarded to individual students, Buddhist practitioners, teachers, and translators that are genuinely committed toward the wellbeing of society/humanity with good moral and educational background and who wish to pursue higher studies in the Asian region (excluding China, Japan, Korea, Malaysia and Singapore).
- Students have to complete an application form and submit to the selection Committee with all the necessary supporting documents, fulfilling the guidelines of SRREF.
- Individuals who meet the selection criteria would have:
- completed education to at least the bachelor’s level
- provide evidence of admission in the above noted areas to an accredited institution in a country in Asia (excluding China, Japan, Korea, Malaysia and Singapore)
- possess high academic qualifications
- candidate must be self- motivated and determined to complete their education
- provide evidence of financial need
- a written statement of intent in English (not exceeding 700 words) to support their application, as well as highlight other information related to their personality/motivation/dedication in order to fulfil the SRREF guidelines
- individuals who have considerable voluntary experience, involvement in the charity sector, or service in Buddhist centres
- application must be supported with written evidence and two letters of recommendation
- Gender: Scholarship allocation will observe a balanced approach. Female students are encouraged to apply.
The Committee will award a special grant to individuals who wish to pursue vocational training /apprenticeship in traditional Pauvva/Thanka art, Charya Nritya and Charya Giti and other artistic fields through private tuitions with authorised and qualified Pauvva artists, Charya Nritya Masters or institutions that offer specialist knowledge and training subject to the satisfaction of the committee. Please use the same application form if you wish to apply.
To apply, complete the Scholarship Application Form. Application should be submitted no later than 30 January of the calendar year.
To extend your funding, complete the Continued Scholarship Application Form. Application to extend scholarship should be submitted no later than 30 January of the calendar year.